Wednesday 14 July 2010

Wokingham Wanderings...


As it's not long before we disappear off for an extended pootle around the North I decided to take Delores to work to meet everyone.  Phase one was getting her into the carpark and phase two was finding somewhere to park her.  I eventually found a nice shady corner.  I find trees reduce the noise of the rain drumming down on the roof to a level where you can have a conversation without bellowing into the ears of the person next to you, and in the unlikely event of it being sunny... 
I proudly announced that she was in the car park and took a small group of work colleagues out for a guided tour.  I was almost at her door before I realised that I'd bought out my swipe card and not the keys I needed to get into the van.  Undaunted we all decided to have lunch onboard so myself, Tracey, Jane and Julie procured some exotic delicacies(!) from the staff canteen and headed forth.  It was all fine apart from the fact I hadn't expected to be spending any time on there and so hadn't levelled her, this meant we were all sitting at a jaunty angle and had to hang on to our drinks to prevent them sliding off the table!  Shame none of us took a pic for posterity!
Delores got the thumbs up from everyone (who then quickly put their thumbs down again to catch their drinks!) - my main concern now is checking for stow aways.  There's an odd noise coming from the overcab bed and Tracey has been missing for a couple of days... 

No comments:

Post a Comment