1. The buildings are all falling down - there's no denying it.
2. It always rains here - of course it does, it rains here every
3. The food is rubbish - best bring a packed lunch
4. There's nothing to do if you don't like hill walking - good point - I'd never noticed it was so *boring* around here...
|Go Ape Grizedale|
|Morecambe Bay Cycleway|
|Longbow making at Quirky Workshops|
|Gorgeous Greystoke Cycle Cafe|
5. There's absolutely nothing to do in the evenings - yup, us locals just sit around all evening and stare at the sheep.
There's nothing on the Go Lakes website except for this...
The Brewery Arts Centre in Kendal is also pretty quiet...
I mean, why would you even go to the Rheged Centre...
...or the Theatre by the Lake in Keswick?
6. The locals are weird... and they stare at you...
7. The shops are rubbish - we can't deny that one either, afraid there are no huge shopping malls for you to while away the hours - just these nasty little local shops that insist on sourcing stuff locally instead of flying in exotic goodies from miles away.
|Keswick Boot Company|
8. There are no beaches here - no - not one single beach. Oh, except for these...
9. There's nowhere to stay... the standard of accommodation is shocking - someone really ought to do something about that...
|Armathwaite Hall near Keswick|
|Crumble Cottages Cartmel|
|Bays Brown Farm|
|Photo from FABULOUS Richard Jennings My Wainwrights blog|
10. And if you are going to insist on still coming here, only come in the summer, there's nothing at all to see during the rest of the year...
Honestly, I have no idea why anyone ever comes here - if I were you I'd hit that cancel button right now - you're not going to be missing a thing... (Oh, and if you decide not to cancel, check out this blog for some other things to do & local information.)
PS Don't forget about our books - they are crammed with great reasons to give the county a miss... 😉
|CLICK HERE TO FIND OUT MORE ☺|