Thursday 12 January 2012

Closed for refurbishment.

I've not been around for a while and this is due to a combination of factors; Christmas, germs and the decision by my blog hosting company to close down their site forcing me to relocate my entire blog, post by post, to Blogger.  Still, it's nicer here, more design and layout options plus it's free, though I am now wholly beholden to the Google god of the internet and if they go they take my life with them.  No pressure then.

Sharp Edge Blencathra. I'll be back soon.
Temporarily closing down appears to be the in thing in January in the Lake District.  It's our first January in Grange and many of the shops are closed for refurbishment ready for the next season which begins promptly at February half term, so I'm in good company.  We saw a steady flow of tourists through Christmas and New Year and they're pretty easy to spot - they're the ones with the clean walking boots and carrying umbrellas.  Anyone who lives up here knows the futility of trying to use an umbrella when faced with a Cumbrian deluge.  Firstly it may possibly keep your head dry, but nowhere else and secondly it acts as a sail, hauling you along at twice the speed you intended.

And as for the germs...  Well I've lived in the north for a year and have enjoyed perfect health, I visited the south for 10 days over Christmas and came down with an evil infection.  A bit like 28 days later.  So addled by sinusitis, antibiotics and paracetamol my head is not as clear and creative as it usually is and I'm certainly not allowed anywhere near the fells for another couple of weeks so I shall, instead, dedicate my time to refurbishing the blog and settling it in to it's new home.

Please do take time to look around, you'll find the same old rambling posts plus a few new photos, and it's much easier to leave comments now, though I'm not sure if that's a good thing or not.  I'm off to unpack some more blogs.  Normal service will be resumed as soon as possible.

No comments:

Post a Comment