Monday 15 June 2015

30 Days Wild: Day 15 - the air that I breathe

My life is nothing if not varied and after 4 days cycling around Morecambe Bay, today I find myself in a hotel room in a particularly busy part of London.  "London is a city of parks" they tell you - well that may be true but I managed to find a corner with very little green in it.

There may not be much in the way of parks here but there are at least trees, London Plane trees to be precise.  Not only are these trees particularly fine at providing shady cover they're also one of the best trees around when it comes to hoovering Carbon Dioxide out of the air - pretty handy on busy London streets.

I've always loved the way the bark flakes away in patches - I've heard that's something to do with it ridding itself of impurities,  so pretty and functional. I'm sorry there are no pretty or impressive views  of Cumbria or Lancashire today but there are some views of a pretty impressive tree.




No comments:

Post a Comment