Wednesday 17 June 2015

30 Days Wild: Day 17 - Parking space in London

I found it! A great big lump of greenery in London - this lunchtime I took a walk around Regents Park.  True, the only wildlife was a ferral pigeon and a grey squirrel,  but there was lots and lots of green.

I got chatting to one of the park keepers  - .apparently there's 35 of them keeping this enormous park looking gorgeous - and he was telling me that like so many other government departments,  they're facing cuts.  Such a shame! 

Apart from looking lovely they're free to use - free for kids to run around & enjoy - so important in the middle of a city where opportunities to connect with nature are so few & far between - which I guess is what #30DaysWild is really all about.













No comments:

Post a Comment