Thursday 18 June 2015

30 Days Wild: Day 18 - Going nuts!

This is going to be the shortest blog of my #30DaysWild month, not because I'm still in London but because today is my birthday!  Older but not remotely wiser!

My nature pictures today are Hazel trees - nothing spectacular, but there's a story to them.  For years I'd hunted the countryside and woodlands for hazel trees and failed to find any, mainly because I didn't know what they looked like.  Then I went to visit my brother in Hammersmith and walked past these beauties which rained down hazel nuts on our heads.  Thousands of miles walked and I find my first hazel trees in Hammersmith.  Figures.

The sad thing was most people were walking straight past them, no doubt to their nearest supermarket to buy nuts ready for Christmas.  Meanwhile we filled our pockets & I was still finding random nuts at the bottom of my handbag in April...




No comments:

Post a Comment