Wednesday 24 June 2015

30 Days Wild: Day 24 - Pennington Flash

I should probably call the Pennington Flash part 1 because I'm back near here twice next week - but with 200 hectares to go at, including a 70 hectare lake, there's plenty to keep me occupied, plus I only get to explore it in my lunch break so I'll be doing it piecemeal.

Pennington Flash is just to the south west of Leigh and today I visited the eastern edge.  It was a glorious sunny day & it was great to see loads of families out enjoying themselves, feeding the ducks & making the most of the sunshine. 

After a quick stop for my sarnies I headed on a small circular walk which took in a couple of bird hides and a section of the Leeds Liverpool Canal.  I didn't have time to do much birdwatching but I did spot a good number of herons from one hide.

On the flowers front it was daisies all the way both large and small - a flower I've adored since childhood when I apparently shunned my lovely duck rocker and made off with the daisy in its hat instead. I also spied an elderflower in full bloom and an unidentified flower which was clearly a big hit with the bees.

The only problem was I got a wee bit carried away and was nearly late back for my afternoon training session - good job it wasn't time management...














No comments:

Post a Comment